Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Breastfeeding Alert!


Breastfeeding is easy but still need efforts to make it succeed.I have gone through best time and worse time throughout almost 10 months of breastfeeding my baby.My best time that i like the most is when i can get a lots of milk pump at one time ( 12 oz - wonderful!!!).My worse time is the vice versa of my best time ( 12 oz a day!!!!).It is more like a KPI for me to produce enough breastmilk to feed my baby every working day.My daily target is minimum 16 oz. I always set the target every morning i woke up since i believe that psychology plays a role in breastmilk production.At night, my baby wakes up 3-4 times from 11 pm to 7 pm for breastfeed.This also help the prolactin hormon to produce more milk during the day. There was a week where my production dropped tremendously and i was worried to death since the stocks were only for a week.During that time, my son consume 20 oz per day!I tried a lot of milk booster food but still didn't help much.I took my own time to calm down and this time, psychology plays its role again.After a week, I manage to boost up my production to the level like before.Here are my efforts to bring back the sweet time during pumping session:


Pumping efforts:
1-Pump 3 times at office although didn't produce much, but still keep on pumping.
2-Pump after work at home although didn't produce much.
3-Pump at 2 or 4 am although didn't produce much.


Milk booster:

1-Drink during night time feeding just right after feeding the baby.
2-Drink each time after pumped.
3-Eat a lot carbohidrate (rice)
4-Eat water chestnut / drink water chestnut can drink
5-Eat beansprout everyday.
6-Drink honey + lime


Psychology/therapy:
1-Think positive
2-Massage the back neck area
3-Stimulate nipple area frequently (after pump is also OK, some more milk can be expressed out)
4-Always think of your baby
5-Always pray to God for His blessings

All of the above efforts create a joyful pumping session today!I love pumping and breastfeeding!

4 comments:

TheNonie said...

joely!baru jumpe ini blog!hehehe...sehat?

Ms J said...

yer yani!!..sehat..hehe..

mOmmy of Triplets plus One said...

helpp...my milk production is getting less and less. my babies are still in the hospital coz they are born premature however i pump my milk and send it there.
but im getting worried coz their daily intake has increased but on the other hand my supply has drop....
risauunyeee...

Ms J said...

mommy of triplets,

U got triplets ke?how wonderful!~..i think dah OK tu u pump..and keep pumping..make use double pumping is better...newborns xconsume so much kan?..u dah try all the foods that helps increase milk supply ke?..just now i knew one more herbs yg very helpful...u can try..from himalaya..shivatari...die tulis situ...asparagus...pe kata u mkn jugak asparagus??...