Thursday, June 30, 2011

The price of tax

This morning, when passed through the flat housing area, just next to the LRT, I saw a banner written with "Jangan Kacau Hak Kami"..something like that. The banner just hang up at the front entrance of illegal parking area at that flat housing. The area was supposed to be an empty spaces with green grass purposely planted on it by the DBKL, I guess. Since, the flat is currently fully occupied or tenanted to singles or family, so, there are a lot of cars parked at that area.

I guess, this low cost flat was meant for low income family to live in which may not affordable to get their own car and much relying on public transportation. Because this area is mostly visited by RapidKL buses.

Then, since recently, I was told by someone, when we were having chitchatting during the break, she told me the story about tax deduction. Only now I know how much the govt has taken from me and others. I never know that the tax paid is quite high and become higher when your income become more. 1/4 of the annual income is taken by the govt every year! Now I understand why the taxpayers are really mad on how the govt spent the money into. Because, most of the taxpayers are non-govt employee because there is the minimum income that one is required to pay tax.

So, when I saw that banner, I was mumbling that, "korang bukan byr tax pun..every facilities ni, taxpayers yg provide the money to put things in action, korang yg enjoy all the facilities prepared by govt...middle income yg tersekat in between, but diligently paying tax.Kami nk bli rumah low cost xbley, rumah medium cost pun dah xavailable, tinggal rumah lama yg rege naik mencanak2 mcm xlojik! Rumah yg besar, lagila diluar kemampuan...bersyukur jelah...share parking pon kedekut, mcm korang byr cukai tanah utk area tu pun!"

Sometimes I doubt about the house pricing. I see it as it is not controlled by the govt. The price hike is too steep. For example area in setiawangsa, launching price 4 years ago was 399k, now, the price is doubled! I am very much puzzled since the land is leasehold. And what about another 4 years down the road?? Can it be triple???

2 comments:

Niza said...

Joely mmg betul house proce too high..tgk medium cost apmt yg govt nk buat tu..harge from 220k to 300k..tu br med cost apt,...no wonder mmg jauhlaaa klu nk bli landed house area kl...

Yantie said...

yeah, price rumah macam tak masuk akal..i dont think to build a house will cost that much but developer would say harga tanah mahal!!??