Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cold and Flu

Last friday, my dear son was caught with a very bad flu. Pity him, the mucus always running out of his nose. The next day, his mucus had become thicker and greenish...oh..oh..and luckily, it keeps running out of his nose. He had cough too but he did not know how to spit. I tried to teach him but he just couldn't get it. Poor boy. Despite of that, he was actively cheerful, he danced and tickled us until he went to sleep.

Then, on Sunday, my husband was infected too. Poor him as he just could not suffer from sickness. Then I told him to take medicine, the he answered how my son didn't have to. I replied, he is on breastmilk, I strongly believe my son's flu will cure by itself within few days. All the mucus has come out and he ate fresh oranges everyday for the Vitamin C supply. Then, I offered him my breastmilk if he too wants to be as good as my son....hehehe...

And today, I got flu myself. Actually I usually caught with flu in the morning. I'm allergic to dust and fur. Those thing will automatically trigger my senses and blocked my nose. I daresay that, I'm quite used to flu and amazingly during my breastfeeding tenure, very seldom that I got sick, Alhamdulillah...I believe my courage and determination to breastfeed my son has strengthen my immune system undoubtedly.

So, my friend whoever read my post, the wives and moms, please breastfeed your children (below 2 years old) as it benefits both. Put away all the misconceptions and old thinking as we are nurturing a new way of breeding our generation.

No comments: