Thursday, December 18, 2008

Icip - icip - My Version

While surfing in tv3.com, I found out one interesting recipe which is laksa Sarawak. I intend to make it after the exam. As usual, I hardly listed down what to buy when going out, then, I noticed when about to make it, and a few ingredients went missing. I asked my hubby, and he said, just proceed with what we have in the kitchen. And here it goes...

Recipe: Laksa Edinburgh (modification from Laksa Sarawak)
Ingredients:
(Gravy)
Shallots (minced)
Garlics (minced)
Lemon Grass (minced)
Small Prawns (minced) – alternate to ‘belacan’
Dried Chillies (blended)
Coconut milk
Salt
Sugar
Black Pepper
Vegetable Oil (Olive is preferred)
Chicken
Prawns
Crabmeat Stick
Lemon Juice
Tamarin Juice
Chicken Stock/Cube
Water

(Dressing)

Rice Mee (Bihun)
Beans Sprout
Spring Onion
Egg

How to:

Put some oil in the pan, heat it up. When heated, put the entire minced ingredient into the pan and fried them until yellowish. Put in chillies, stir the gravy. After the chillies cooked, put in some water, tamarind juice and stir. Put in chicken. Let to boil. Slow down the heat, put in coconut milk. Put in some lemon juice. Stir. Take out the chicken, shred it. Put in the crabmeat and prawns. Stir slowly. Put in salt, sugar, black pepper and chicken stock according to your tastebuds. Stir. Wait until boils, turn down heat.

Boil the rice Mee (if it is dried one). And simmer the beans sprout. Make an omelette and shred it. Shred the Spring Onion as well. Serve the m1ee by putting the gravy on to it, the dressing on top of it. Best served while it still hot. Happy trying!


It was when; the mood of baking came as I never try to make a pizza before. I surf the internet to find the simplest recipe on pizza. And I found out, there were so many recipes on making the dough, so I just gambled and make it according to my understanding. Some of the dough I made as small baguettes for my little ones and he loves every bit of it.

Recipe: Easy Pizza

Ingredients:

(Dough)
Plain Flour
Salt
Water
Sugar
Dried yeast

(Topping)
Cheese
Onions
Ketchup
Mayonnaise
Black Pepper
Sausage

How to:

Mix the entire ingredient in a bowl and make dough. Cover the bowl containing dough with damp cloth for 1 hour until it the dough doubled its size. Pinch the dough to remove the trapped air. Lay the dough on to pizza pan (Don’t forget to grease the pan with oil or margarine). Put on Mayonnaise, ketchup, onions and sausage. Then, put on cheese (lots of it) and black pepper. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 220 degree. Serve while still hot. Happy trying!

No comments: