Saturday, December 5, 2009

Experience of using TENS Machine during labor..

My contraction was not really felt and i've decided to admit into hospital on 1st Dec just in case there might be a little opening or contraction which i didn't feel. I was on CTG and everything was OK and the Doc advised me to go home and wait until labor came. However, I've decided to get induced as I think, i might not feel the contraction as I think my bb love being in my tummy. And also, another reason is, i might not have sufficient time to recover rapidly since my brother wedding will take place on Awal Muharam..so, really need to recover fast.

Then, the Doc agreed to send me to maternity ward and had the induction tablet in. I really don't like it as when everytime they check the opening, however, this time around I'm glad because it was not as frequent as the first one which really put me into stress and the results, i was having bad postnatal depression and phobic. I really like the way the Doc compromising with me, really love this Doc which is really sporting and fullfilled my dreams to have the labor without any drugs..alhamdulillah..only during the stitching, she put some anesthetic injection as that already passed the delivery.

What did i use to relief the pain? I've requested to use my own TENS machine and the Doc allowed me, with the help of physioterapist, she put all the 4 electrodes on my back and with the brilliant understanding of the instruction from my hubby, I was able to control the machine myself. Actually, I intended to use this machine form the first pregnancy, however, it is need to be rented and the rental fee is quite expensive and I have no idea how big the machine is. And while in UK, I've studied about this machine and many have used it and recommend it. Then, I've decided to buy one for my own as I am going to use it for every pregnancy in future.Even it is costly, but, i really love it..plus, the electrode is sold in the hospital pharmacy as this machine is also being used for physioteraphy purposes.

I started to use it when i was in the labor room, after the water bag rupture by the Doc, I really don't like it, I guessed my "Vjj" has gotten very sensitive after the first pregnancy as during the first one, I'm OK when ever they put their hand inside my "Vjj".This time, I really like 'cacing kepanasan' and feel like want to knock the person out...hehe..Alhamdulillah I passed all the contraction very well with the help of the machine. But this machine is only recommended to those who can bear the real pain of labor, the Doc said I have very high pain treshhold, I don't know, but I think, my mom must be higher than me I guessed.And many others has high pain treshhold as it is said that the no 1 pain is the labor pain...

I tried to think of other thing but I can't.And that is why i feel very sore after the delivery..psikology also plays role in pain relief..if you have a really good brain nerve distraction (apa ni - meaning that u easily get distracted to other thing and forget about the pain) then, it is really good...

So, get yourself one TENS machine, it can be used not only in labor but for other thing as well. CEPAT2 PESAN pd diorg kt UK tuh....lots of choices...worth buying!!!

2 comments:

E`n1x said...

what's a TENS machine? takde photo ke?

Ms J said...

ade kt post dulu2 xsilap..xigt nama penuh dia..but its oneof pain relief method that is drug free...and guess what..rs bdn segar cpt compared to taking drugs ms first time dulu...lomah ajer..