Sunday, July 26, 2009

PYO Strawberries....Yummy!!!

This morning, my family and i were invited to join my former lecturer's trip to strawberry farm just not far from our house. I was so excited to join...I love going out with family friends so i can have adult conversation or watch the kids play together...So then, we departed from our house around half past 11 and arrived aroudn 15 minutes later...I thought it was really far as my hubby said the farm is near to the forth bridge...and the weather today is really good...no rain...so it is really enjoyable to spend the day out...


Strawberry secret hideout...:)

The farm name is Craigie's Farm..it has lots of berries...such as gooseberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, redcurrants and also vegetables...and they are all organic...I think so!!...heheh..there's also a cafe for drinks and breads...also ice-cream....there's also tractor-like toys for children to play with..but we did not have time to try on since there was a lot of people at the farm today...


Aqil picking up his gooseberry....see the basket...all the strawberries had gone into his mouth...

We then picked up our basket, a big one and a small one for our little boy to pick up for himself. We were really enjoying the sunshine although there were not much of strawberries left...I think because it's already near end of season...however, we were still managed to pick some sweet and crunchy strawberries...We just went straight to the strawberries without testing the taste of other berries because I only loves strawberries, so does my son...while picking, he was eating..and for the first few strawberries...all gone into his mouth...so i was wondering how good the taste is..then, i have a try on myself...subhanallah...it was really sweet which u can't taste it when you buy one at the store...the taste and crunchyness you can taste it fresh!!! Even the color was not so red...it was still sweet...only few...i think ones which near to best before date that I wrongly picked, taste a bit sour...


Aqil was looking for his strawberry..

At the end, I was tired since I need to bend down to search for strawberries, I surrender when my son had his poopoo..lucky that i brought his nappy along...so we got changed and rest a while in the car. While in the car, i screen again the strawberries that we picked, only the best will be weighted and paid..hehe..the rest...will be put into our mouth...eheh...and we gained 875 grams of strawberries today...most of them were small and i think..if i spend the whole day there...i could have brought back the big ones...ehehe..and now...all the strawberries had been eaten by our little strawberries monster...only left a few that i saved for myself...hahaha...i think..all the harvest will finish by today...:)

No comments: