Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Creative Cooking

I think the other day, was actually to babble on my cooking experiments. However, on the day I wrote the post, I did not bring my cable to connect my phone to the computer. So, here we go with the first experiment after the return of my husband.

The first one is the tiramisu,

I took the simplest recipe from MYR, which was contributed by one of my friend back in edinburgh actually. The first time I tasted this recipe, it was so marvellous, eating in during the summer outing at the farm, was reallu mouthwatering! Or, err, maybe the taste of the UK ingredients were different?

Here is another close up,

I modified a bit in the recipe which I add some lemon juice which is turn out very yummeh! Oh, all the ingredient can be found in Cold Storage especially for mascarpone cheese and lady finger biscuits.

Another experiment was popped out when there was a lot of bread skin leftovers, since Aqil will request to remove the outer skin of the bread to make his bread with jam.

Actually I was about to open the MYR to get the recipe out as I did once in using bread in the recipe but it turns out failed! So, this time, I was following my guts on the ingredient or I would say, just mixed what ever is there without discounting the right measurement of water and jelly powder! I used a little bit more water to have a jellyish pudding!


Here is the recipe that I made up.

3 layers bread pudding
5-6gm jelly powder
600 ml water - estimated! - kindly refer to the instruction at the jelly packet and add some more water
bread skin or bread - about 1 cup
1 sachet Hi-Goat - can use any other form of milk too or creamer powder, I used this because Aqil is allergic to cow's milk
1/2 cup sugar - you can increase or decrease the amount according to your liking!
pandan leave
2 teaspoon of brown sugar
Food coloring/ flavoring

Method:
On stove, heat up about 400ml water + jelly powder + sugar + brown sugar + pandan leave until it boils, then put on slow heat.

Using blender, blend together, the bread + hi goat powder +the remaining water of 200ml or more is OK. Blend until smooth.

Add the blended ingredient into the pudding mixture. Mix it well. Bring it to boils a bit then shut the stove.

Prepare 3 bowls, pour in the pudding into the 3 bowls evenly. Add different food coloring and flavoring to each bowl as you wish.Mix them well until the color evenly distributed.

Then, prepare a 7 inch x 7 inch square tin, pour in the bowl. Bring it to cool under the fan until the surface a little bit hardened.

Then carefully, using a spoon, pour in from side onto the top of the first layer until all have been used up. Bring it to cool.

Then, repeat the above step for the third layer. Bring it to cool under the fan before putting in the fridge.

So simple right? I was so happy when first cutting the pudding, I can see the three layers....:)


Happy trying!

2 comments:

:cahya schatz: said...

wow...dah buleh bukak blog masak dah nih...hehhee...

Ms J said...

blom agi...buat ms ada free time and terasa nk buat...a.k.a ikot kerajinan dan mood pd ms itu..:)