Tuesday, June 29, 2010

ROADMAP

A company, to be successful, or in par with most successful company, has, had a roadmap that is set upfront in order to achieve goal(s) at the very end of forecasted vision. To simplify, imagine, you are in London central, you have map in your hands, and you are currently standing just right under the BIG BEN in London! You already have your end point. And from the map, you can see the path that leading you to you end point. Now, how to get to the end point? How to survive until you reach the end point. Here is not the survival after all but still you need to fill in your stomach and thirst right! The ‘HOWS’ will determine whether you will be successful in reaching your end point or not.

Same goes to the roadmap designed for a company to succeed! Here, I am not writing as I am a CEO of a company (how I wish I’ll be elected as one of the top gun in this company but it’s a long way to go…and hardest position to achieve but I love to be ambitious in a way!). My company does the same too, I bet, all company has their roadmap, not even company, my department also has its very own roadmap. It is an important ‘tool’ for us to set end in mind on where we going to. The journey would be zig zag or straightforward depending on how you think it would be or how you want it to be. Some leaders may be Ok with risk-taking along the road but some are avoiding it. Yes, everything involves risks, and actually the risk makes the journey challenging and resulted in ‘colorful’ experience.

OMG, what am I writing on this! Gosh!

Actually I am currently analyzing on how to interpret a roadmap derived by others to be put into a new look with new revision of current roadmap! And also, I need to facilitate one of the dept to come out with their new roadmap which I am still thinking of the best way to kick off this task!

p/s: In our life, we can have our own personal roadmap too, therefore, our life will be more focus and organized!


Example of roadmap!

No comments: