Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tayar..tayar..

Allright, yesterday I told you that I've made trouble with my hubby's car tyre. Hah, today, I would like to share with you on how to take care of your everdearest car tyres.

What?? Everdearest?? Well, from my reading, taking a good care of your tyre is as much important as taking care of your car as well! If you overlooked your tyres condition, you may increase your risk of getting car accident!

Okeh, first of all, know your tyre!!!Ha..xkenal, maka xcinta..I just getting to know my tyre as well. Yesterday, I took sometime to look closely at my car tyres. The brand, (cey...), the type, what year, where it was manufactured, the diameter, the load, the max pressure, warning signs, max speed the tyre can go, the ratio etc.

There are many type of tyre, one with tube, and tubeless, mine is tubeless. When using tubeless tyre, make sure, your valve is OK, and your rim fit with the tyre! if not, then the tyre will get deflated easily lah.And if not mistaken, most car tyre are tubeless.

How to differentiate brand new tyre with tyre "celup"??? Mostly, lorry replace with tayar celup because it is damned cheap OK! You will know it when you see serpihan tayar on the road...and its confirmed tayar celup la tu...brand new tyre is expensive, my car, which requires only 13 diameter tayar has cost me, almost 100++ per tyre.

When you are replacing tyre, check the manufacturer date! Shelf life for tyre is only 4 years and after that, the tyre, even it is new but old, will not be performing as good as the nature of rubber it has. The elasticity of the tyre, when you put in pressured air will not last longer.

And it is also advisable to replace your tyre after 4-5 years even the flower is still there! Like my case, I did not realised my tyre is already expired and when replaced, I got to realise that my tyre, if I used further may bring me into car accident. Dah nampak benang tayar tu beb...scary!!! Botak habes!!! Lucky that I trusted my instinct to replace tyre there n then! (Asalnya just to do plain maintenance jer).

When you pump your tyre, check the pressure requirement first! This can be obtained from the car manual book (if bought new) or sometimes it may be written on the side of driver's door (xcek lg!). Or, at the air pump station, there is schedule for different type of car, depending on the engine capacity/weight I think!

Usually, the front tyres will requires more pressure than the rear tyres. However, depends on the location of your engines. Most of the car, the engine located at the front. And it is also advisable that you do regular checking on your car tyre pressure every 1-2 weeks with good pressure gauge if you happened to travel a lot! Only check your tyre pressure when the tyre is cool! If you are just back from traveling, wait for 1 hour before you check! - let the tyre cool first!

OK, then, what should you do if you wrongly fill in pressure to your tyre? Hahah..OK, this was what happened to me la kan..So, release a bit of air from your tyre by pressing down the pin at the tyre (ape nama tah, tpt nk masuk angin tulaaa)..pressed it, you will hear psssssssss sound, meaning that, angin kuar ler tu!

And don't be fool with the look of the tyre. You must check the pressure not the how well it inflated actually! My bro advise me to have the tyre a bit 'buncit' sket rather than so 'tegang & bulat'. If so 'tegang & bulat', then nnt your tyre will easily 'haus' at the middle. When it is a little bit 'buncit', then, the tyre grips well with the surface it touches! So, more stable lah! Bunge pon kene makan sekata....:)

And another tips, when you are doing 3 point turn, or U turn, ensure that, you don't twist the tyre when your car is stop!, twist little by little with the car moving little by little, or nnt your tyre senang haus kt bhgn tepi (this was what happened to me, yg sampai nampak benang tyr tu...sbb my hubby yg drive and he loves doing that!)

Ok, enuff sayings, more information, you can get from this forum. So, love your tyre OK! And you are saved! (as well as your loved ones!)


That's my car getting it's bath time after loooonnnggggg time....bukan beemer tu tau!...ai xminat beemer tu....ai minat mata helanggg jerrrrr...;)

No comments: