Friday, January 7, 2011

How to Fully BF

How did I do well in ensuring 100% boobyfed for my babies. Many would think, oh yes, i am gifted with plenty of milk! yes, part of it quite true, rezeki tu dtg dr Allah s.w.t...but, determination and effort also must come with it. It is the same concept when your looking jobs. Think back, does it come so easily without any effort??For some people, may be things come easy to him/her but they did not realise that they already put some effort to get those things, if not that much..must be a little...Right?

OK, back to routine when I return to work. It all started 4 years ago, I was having a newborn of my first child. I was so determined to fully breastfeed him until he reaches 2 years old. Yes, I've always set a target way before the baby was born. As I will take every effort to ensure my target is reachable!

And of course, inspirations from successful mothers, really overwhelmed my eagerness to experience it myself! I read in mothers forum, I read books, I read articles and attend antenatal classes to ensure I really get the whole story of breastfeeding before I started!It is more inspirational when you get the experience from the people who are in the same line with you, I mean, engineers because at that time, I was an engineer.

OK, enough bebel! It's pumpingtime!!!!! Yes, set your time, when is actually you want to express out your milk. I would advise you to do it twice a day at office, one in the morning, and one in the afternoon. But, depends on how much ounces you aim to collect on that day. Set a target, before you start pumping. That's the way I do!
Don't forget to get plenty of water. It helps you a lot, easy let down and plenty of milk will come out too..you will suprised!! (yesterday I got more than expected, you know! Alhamdulillah..HAPPY!)
And, the gadgets. Yes, you need the pumpin gear. Cleaned and sterilised. Bottle to store the expressed milk. And also the ice pack if you don't have fridge in your office to ensure that the ebm is kept cool until you reach home! I've always bring my icepack since the pantry is far away from my desk! Hehe..and I've read somewhere that you don't need to actually sterilised everytime you want to repeat your pumping session if you already store your pump in the cool temperature. But, if you unsure about it, just go an sterilised by submerge all the gears into hot water at the pantry.
Then, zip the bag, this is my carrier bag, it looks like lcd projecter bag. Many has mistakenly thought that I was carrying the lcd bag and asked me, "Ada meeting ke?"..:)
I put my carrier bag inside my bagpack. Easy for me to get mobile and very convenient anyway, I've also put my handbag (before, now I don't carry handbag to office, not practical anyway) in the bagpack and I have freehand with me which I usually used to carry my Asif..*wink*wink

Yeah, that's my routine on weekdays during officetime. In addition to that, you also need to be very positive that your milk is readily available at all time. If you think your milk is less, then it will be less. That is the difficult part actually, to maintain positive thinking at all time. I do face some hiccups time but alhamdulillah, this 2nd experience is pretty much easier than the 1st time experience.

I am pro breastfeeding, am not lactation counselor and am not condemning FM. However, I do feel a bit sorry to those which always find excuses that they cannot BF. Well, it is your choice anyway. But believe me, BF is the most exciting thing in the world for mothers. I would say " rugi 1 nikmat hidup kt dunia"

HAPPY BREASTFEEDING!!!!

No comments: