Monday, January 24, 2011

Painful Fever

I was down with fever starting from last Wednesday. Actually it was only a beginning, then I opted to go and seek medical attention since I've always got 'bebel' by one of my colleugue whenever I was caught in flu at office, so, this time, I seek doctor before it's going to get worser.

So, I went down to TTMC at Suria KLCC very early in the morning, the clinic was just open for about half an hour but hey, why so many people waiting already? Then, I saw X-rays file, so I guess, this must be new recruits health screening time. I just remembered that, their appointments always inthe morning where not many patients visiting the clinic.

Then, I met the GP, but I forgot to ask for MC. Because I thought the GP will give me MC when she had already prescribed me the drowsy medicine. There, I was wrong for the first time ever! Normally, I did not get MC because the GP prescribed me non-drowsy medicine since I am working. As I still could remember, last time, when I got a drowsy medicine, the GP will offer me MC! Yeah, how I'm going to do my work when in drowsy? I must eat the pill during office time to get better, right? Simple thought then!

So, I pickup my prescription and went back to office. I straight away ate the medicine, one is the lozenges. And the one is Zyrtex D, to decongest my congested nose. After few minutes, I felt heavy. My eyes just wwanted to close. So, I rest on my chair at my desk. (mana ade tilam dan bantal kt office!). Managed to nap a while, but still feel heavy, then I went to the filing room where the ladies always perform solah there, and lay there. Luckily there is a pillow inside but hard surfaces though.

I woke up a few minutes before lunch hour finishes, my head was spinning like mad, by body was chilling like I am stucking in the winter coldness, I feel all my spines, bones, nerves are tightening and are waiting to split off and my skin was smoking hot like the campfire.But still, I did not look like I am sick! My face just did not want to show it!

I wanted to go home early, but too weak to go and tell to my boss as his room is on the other side of the section. Too weak to walk either. I never felt this weak before, even after gave birth, the pain is not like this.It was just uncomfortable and painful, I can say!

I got home at 5.15pm, and get some sleep, before I fetch the kids. But my head was still spinning like mad, like it's going to explode at anytime when the trigger button is touched! I fetched the kids, and am too weak too walk but I hold my breath that I have to do it as they 100% relying on me, alone! I even did not bought our dinner that day as it was getting so late already and plus I was getting weaker and weaker. So, with the remaining energy I left, I should just bring the children home.

That night, I slept early, I told Aqil, I am sick, I prepared him some light dinner, prepared him his drink and I slept. But, how can I had a peaceful sleep when living with 1 baby and 1 toddler? So, my headache was getting worsen as a result of not enough rest+sleep+too much of thinking. I felt like a zombie walking in the house.

Around 8ish, i told Aqil I want to get sleep. I prepared his bed and brought Asif in to co-sleep with me. Lucky Asif is already sleepy since he had so much milk as I did not pump that day. (I don't pump at office whenever I fell sick!) As Asif sleep, then, I managed to sleep. Suddenly, around 10ish, I woke up in terror, looking for Aqil, then I saw, Aqil already on his bed. Poor Aqil, he must be very hungry as I was not around to entertain his tummy need.

I couldn't sleep that night, due to the strain in my nerve and the strong painful headache. My body was chilling in the inside but hot at the outside. It was very painful I couldnt tell you more. It was just the horror fever I ever had!

The next morning, the headache was still there, but I need to wake up, as Asif was fully awake. Aqil as well. It was Thaipusam holiday. I can't remember what I cook, I don't think I cook anything, but there was cooked rice anyway, some bread, and I made Aqil bread with jam. Made his drink ready and I gave some biscuits and cereal to him as well. Asif? Clingy with me, drink from me all the time which I was not sure, was there milk??? Tawakal jer...

Then on Friday, after I send out both kids to the person in charge. I went to another clinic. I was still weak. I thought there was nearby 24 hours clinic, but hey, I still had to go to WM for 24 hours clinic. I told the GP my experience, and he prescribed me the non-drowsy medicine and I ultimately asked for MC to just having a bedrest by my own!

I lost my voice, I lost my taste, my cough become hard, my head feels like to explode, my body weak as ever, all because of the drowsy flu medicine. I will never ever took any drowsy medicine anymore. NEVER! I'll go to GP, and straight away asked for MC whenever I sick! (I only had 1 MC in 2010 (kalau xslh) after came back from maternity leave - btw, my company does not award anything pon...so..MC jelah...ade 30 hari kan!)

No comments: