Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Child Abuse

Someone in the office just sent me a video showing a babysitter was showering a toddler.

I was so damned SHOCKED!! Then, straight away thought of my children. How were they being treated at their temporary HOME.

Everyday, since day 1 I sent my kids to babysitter, I've always pray hard to Allah, seek his guidance and bless for me to proceed with my decision. All this while, I am the one who made decision for whom will take care of my children. And it is really hard, because, whatever circumstances happened next will be on me, I will be the one to be blamed for! Not my husband!

When I first got my first child, I did not enjoy very much my confinement period. I need to think hard to find babysitter while I was taing care my newborn. I asked everyone that I know that maybe bumped into any babysitter nearby our house. Luckily, I found my 1st babysitter and she was willingly accept my Aqil. At first, she just want to give a try, and after 2-3 weeks, she has decided to take care him until I went for studies.

Coming back from studies, she already has two kids under her care and she does not want more than that. That was very unlucky for me, and we find a kindy that offer daycare services. I am quite frustrated since the services was not up to my expectation, and it was way below my expectation. First day at school, Aqil got bruises on his cheek, under his eyes. I was about to cry but I kept silent! Even the teacher did not know what was actually happen? And they thought Aqil got it from us!

Never in my life, I put my hand on Aqil or bang him on any surfaces that make him got bruises here and there. It is not I am spoiling my kids but I am only using my hard tone when I scolded them. Physical scolding is really not my style.

Then, when Asif's time came, it was another hard time, the first babysitter was really nice, but unfortunately, she wanted to move to a better place, then I need to find another babysitter on my own. At that time, my husband was not around and I almost send Asif to a full-packed nursery with very minimal facilities for babies. At that time, Asif was only 4 months old.

My previous babysitter (Aqil's) introduced me with the current babysitter. I just give a try even I know, she is also taking care of her sister's grandchildren. Even there's always less here and there, but I have to close one eye and accept it as long as my Asif is physically attached, no broken arm or leg, no bruises here and there. I really hope my babysitter love Asif like her own grandson. So, she would not dare to abuse him.

I always think of how a human become inhuman when dealing with such little cutie kids. They are just kids, innocent but smart....

"Ya Allah, lindungi lah anak-anakku semasa mereka di bwh jagaan pengasuh2 mereka, lembutkanlah hati pengasuh2 mereka untuk menghadapi kerenah2 anak-anakku...amin ya rabbal alamin.."

No comments: