Thursday, December 23, 2010

MOT Agreement.

Know what, my condo developer has asked us to perform the MOT which is due in February 2011. If it is not done so, we have to pay fine amounting to RM10k. Ridiculous, isn't? Well I don't know what is so significant of this MOT. Some say that for the condo to have it's own JMB. However, the JMB has been structured since 2009, September. So, why is there any MOT? And still, the developer people is still residing in our condo for some management work which I don't know what. But 'mencekik' the residents' money to pay for extra parking which they took so many lots. Imagine it will cost RM180 per month just for a parking that maybe the car only resides there for 8 hours a day??? Very tyrant developer. If I knew this would happen, I won't buy this property at first! Better I save the money to buy a bigger house than this.

Coming back to MOT transfer, I wish any reader can suggest me any law firm that is trustworthy for me to engage with. Actually I already contacted one of the suggested law firm personnel, but she was like not responsive to my queries. She promised to sms me the office address but to no avail. And at first she thought that I already engaged her firm for my MOT processing and told me the same reason as I read in my condo yahoogroup. But, there is slight difference where the owner need to pay some extra money to get the MOT document out from the developer office. See, how this developer is making easy money from the purchaser.

And I am actually taking AL today to process that MOT but I feel to no success. Therefore, if my friends out there know someone that can handle MOT in a fast rate, please leave comment or contact me personnaly via my hp (sms is much prefered since it's not easy for me to be on the phone while taking care of my kids!)

The reason I lookied after the suggested firm was, they offer a good legal fees for the processing. Only around RM1k. While, when I asked the developer law firm whom I signed the S&P agreement before, they said, the legal fees would be around RM3k++, based on your purchasing price. And it shocked me a lot as that was way to expensive! More than what I've paid for the S&P itself! And then, I will need later on to engage my loan law firm again for the other MOT which I do not know when I will be able to do so! And it must have another RM3k as I experienced before with the loan law firm, they charged me an overpriced fees even they said it follows my purchasing price. They lied, because, another friend of mine, bought at a greater price than mine, the same law firm charged her lower than mine....How come????

And now, I realise, it is not easy to purchase a condo, a first hand unit when you bought from developer. But unless, it has been made clearer upfront, then, I would expect this and that to happen. However, during that time, when they promote the property, they never said so, how much more legal fees that I have to prepare. And you know what, for only 1000sqft house, I've already spend RM6k only for legal fees and will spend might be another RM6k for another legal fees for MOT. See, how easy the law firm is making money out of from only one person. They actually don't have to design the agreement from scratch, it is a standard copy and paste, then changed the title a bit. It is not that tehy have to type each of the agreement with old typewriter that will takes time. And the process take longer than expected. How come meh? It is not a free service like the government where it is understood for a single day process, woudl take months to complete and frequent follow up...(heck, I am really tired of following up...my company HR is also the same...stupid!)

Well, that is my mumblings, do not take it personally, But seriously, if you have any contacts for the law firm that is trustworthy around KL, please recommend them. I will contact them personally and asked the price.......need to do it faster...thank you all...(my budget would be around RM 1500)

2 comments:

niza said...

i also have probs with lawyers..we paid so much but then their actions are so slow..maybe cos of my house price is not so significant , they acted very slow..after 5 months still cannot get the house key...even tho 2nd hand house huhu...sorry joely x tau nk rekemen sape sbb bad experience with few lawyers already..

Ms J said...

ish..tu lagi horrible..at last..org nk masuk tido baru that personnel bagi office address, tgk la cemane...sbb company die je offer the cheapest, and most owner amik dgn this company....hopefully xmenipu dahler....hopefully....kene get this done cepat..selagi xsettle..xtenang...ade 2 perkara lg nk kene setel...lawyer bank dgn loan study....huhu....camnila jd adult....jd budak2 lg best...