Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mini doughnuts

The other day I blog about my cupcake. Now I want to share about my mini doughnuts. Did this so many times dah..requested by Aqil, he is always hungry when he stays at home with me. Not only hungry, but thirsty too. (Saje jer kot nak mama die melayan die...huhu)
The recipe I took from the doughnut maker recipe book. Oh, have you heard about doughnut maker?? You can google it! I bought it at Curry's back in the UK when it was offered at very-very low price. So, being me who will be so tempted with low price bargain, bought it after thinking twice! Hehehe...never tried it in the UK, we kept it in the original box until we were back in KL. (memang menyoping di saat-saat akhir utk kaut segala mak nenek yg murah2 yg tidak mungkin didapati di tanahair sendiri harga yg sedemikian..)

Owh, the recipe also I think, can be used to make waffle, but one must have waffle maker, I don't have it because it was too expensive, not within my budget. Hehe. And also, the recipe can make into pancakes but never try it yet.

Here is the recipe:

8 oz of plain flour
pinch of salt
1 tbsp of baking powder
4 oz of sugar
8 oz of milk (I alter this with water since Aqil is dairy allergic)
1 medium egg ( I took the cold egg from the fridge - as advised by Nigella)
1/2 tbsp vanilla
4 tbsp vegetable oil

Methods:
Just mixed them all until smooth and creamy. Then pour on your cooking pan/doughnut maker/waffle maker. Wait 2-4 minutes until brown (depends on the degree of brown that you want). Then serve. Best serve if you dip in into melted choclate bar and sprinkle it with colored sugar.

Happy trying! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chomelnye donut2 u!!!! bleh tempah nih...

Ms J said...

ehehe....mmg mkn non-stop...abes 1 nak lagi....not too sweet..just nice...:)..sesuai utk minum ptg or sarapan pagi...