Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welcome to the world!


My eldest sister has just safely delivered a baby girl yesterday morning. Congratulation my dear sis!

This little princess will be the youngest child for her and will be the most pampered one! Hehe..This little princess has also gave my sister a new experience, since she got a little complication from early beginning and towards the end of labor. She delivered her youngest munchkin via ceasarian section.

She chose a not-baby-friendly hospital. She chose because of the gynae not because of the hospital. She has been with the same gynae for all her trio in the house, therefore she opt for the same gynae although, this time, she has to pay in full. Last time only partial since covered by her husband's company. Now, both are govt servant, therefore, they need to pay by themselves when they opt for private hospital.

She was worried back then of not having the opportunity to breastfeed her baby just like I did(am still doing it right now). I told her my story, btw, both of my kids share the same story when they started to breastfeeding). Then, she said, the hospital she went to is not a baby friendly hospital. Instead of asking do you want to breastfeed, they asked, which brand do you prefer for FM?Oh dear, this is really heartsick, plus her husband is not as fierce as mine. Hehe, if I were at her situation, for sure, my dear hubby already scolded the nurses or doctor. It happened during my last delivery.

I just do not understand why on earth the patient will is bypass by the hospital?? If the patient choose to bf, just give her chance, why advice so and so to get the patient consent to give the baby FM? Like my case, my breastmilk already developed and of course during the first few days, it will produce only a little, but I have a strong believe that, my milk is producing at the rate of how much my baby will consume. And there, I caught the nurse is giving away FM, when I just entered the nursery to give away my expressed milk which is a lot more than FM she filled in the bottle. Lucky my hubby was not there, if not, for sure that young nurse being scolded by him. We have told clearly that everywhen the ebm finishes or about to finish, please inform us, but they never did!

So please, hospital admin, people today, I mean, mothers today are very well educated and aware that giving breastmilk is the best thing in the world which could not be replaced with anything else nor being paid with billion, trillion of money to have the same quality milk for baby. Please support breastfeeding, as many mothers are now opting for breastfeeding as it is a beautiful moment, I could say, no..I couldn't describe in the right word...just a magical thing that one could have. The bonding is so special which I could not translate into words...Btw, I just love breastfeeding and seeing my kids loving it to a drop makes me feel I am the best mother in the world as I give the best to my kids.

My kids are the most happy child I could have ever see...with the smile...which always make my heart melt....love you both ASIF & AQIL...muaaacchhhh..

No comments: